Monday, October 28, 2019

Part Two Truth Nclex Examination Experience

PART TWO TRUTH NCLEX EXAMINATION EXPERIENCE 


        In August and Sept., I also made 3-5 drug cards a day from the Hurst resource documents regarding all of the medications/Pharm they have listed under resource documents.

      I didn’t have time to go through every single resource document, but I made sure to especially review Pharm, study

     The infection resource documents, growth and development, and maternity complications documents. I followed Hurst’s check list that you see after each Hurst video chapter.
   
            I completed the Q customizer questions as I progressed with the videos, remediated on their questions, and wrote down rationales in another notebook. The check list would say to do 25 adult health questions, 10 pharm, 25 maternity, 25 Peds, 50-100 management of care, etc.
 
          I followed their check list. I had already done 2 Q simulators before my first NCLEX attempt and scored in the high 60 range out of 125.
                   I took the 3rd simulator 4 days prior to my second NCLEX and got concerned because I got 66/125. 77/125 is the median score. Well, I got out of the house to get away from it a bit, remediated on it and realized some silly mistakes I made on it.
   
        For the 4th simulator, I got 78/125 and this was 2 days prior to my NCLEX. I took the day before the NCLEX off and just reviewed my answers to the 4th simulator the night before my NCLEX. Probably from 8-10 pm.
   
                  Then went to bed and the next day went to my NCLEX with confidence. Overall, Hurst was super helpful to me and gave me so much more confidence. I highly recommend this review.

           It works if you do exactly what it says. Anyhow, do not let NCLEX stress you out more than you need to be. My NCLEX was very much like Hurst and U World.
 
                    I recommend U World if you want/need extra practice with questions, but overall for me, I know Hurst is what really helped me pass. Be sure to equally do both content review and practice questions.

      Read the question 3-4x if you need to in order to make sure you understand what the question is asking. If you’re torn between 2 answers, think safety. Don’t feel rushed when taking NCLEX. I ran out of time on question 229, but I stayed calm and took my time and passed.
 
         Don’t tell many people when you’re taking NCLEX except the people that need to know. And after graduation, don’t feel rushed to set a test date.

    Be sure you are ready for it so you don’t stress out more than you need to. And follow the checklist/do what Hurst says and you can definitely pass. The Hurst Elevate practice quizzes also helped too. And best/most of all, trust God to carry you through. God will get you through this test.

 Another thing to remember:

    nursing school graduates, just remember you got through the hard part (nursing school). NCLEX is just one more nursing exam. Just one more nursing exam. You got through the program taking nursing exams so you definitely got this. Be calm and don’t let anxiety get you. All the best.

Respected by..
( Stephanie Hooks, )

No comments:

Post a Comment